- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- evaporated milk
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Blend in flour and baking powder.
- Put in ungreased 9" x 9" or round cake pan.
- Brush top with evaporated milk.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 mins.
- Let cool in oven with door open or put a towel over top.
(Note: This is very important due to altitude differences from the Netherlands where this dish was developed.)
- 3/4 cup pinaaple juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sause
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves of fresh galic crushed, or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. fresh cloves
- Marinade for several hours or overnight before grilling.